Orlando is a relatively short drive from Southwest Florida, and a popular destination, especially if you love theme parks. It’s almost always fun to visit, however, some times of the year it is less magical than others due to crowds and the Florida heat. We have some inside information to help with your planning. The best days of the year to visit Disney are coming up. They are in October and November according to the travel planning experts at MagicGuide.
To come up with these days, the travel planners gave each day of the year a crowds-to-weather score, among other things. This does not mean you wont experience crowds and long lines at some of the most popular attractions. However, those crowds should be less and the lines much shorter than during peak times.
Walt Disney World’s parks are typically the least crowded around these times
- January 2nd until just before Presidents’ Day week (the third Monday in February)
- The week after Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving week
- The week following Thanksgiving weekend until the week before Christmas
The WORST days to visit Disney theme parks, as far as crowds are concerned are almost always weekends when compared to week days. They are followed by these times:
- Presidents’ Day week (the third week in February)
- Spring Break period, from mid-March through to late April
- Memorial Day weekend, summer (mid-June through Labor Day)
- Thanksgiving week
- Christmas week, till January 1st